Massage and Covid-19
The government has said massage and other close contact treatments can begin in England from Monday 13th July. I am pleased to be taking bookings and I look forward to hearing from you. While Covid-19 is still very present in the community it is important we all follow the guidelines set out by the government and the industry's governing bodies in order to keep ourselves safe and limit its spread. I have carried out a Covid Risk Assessment for my practice and will ensure the highest levels of hygiene and cleanliness at all times. I work from home, which I share with my partner, so it is imperative that you also adhere to the measures outlined below. We must all respect one another and do our utmost to keep each other safe.
**DISCLAIMER: By booking an appointment you understand that massage, along with many things currently, can carry risks associated with the spread of Covid-19.**
Please be aware of the following:
- Please do not come for a massage if you have been unwell in the 14 days prior to your appointment, no matter how mild the symptoms. If you feel unwell before you come please cancel, you will not be charged for doing so.
- I am currently in good health but if I develop any symptoms before your appointment, however mild, I will call to defer the treatment.
- Please do not come for an appointment if you have come into contact with someone who has symptoms of Covid-19 or has tested positive for the virus. If I come into contact with someone who is symptomatic or has tested positive for Covid-19 I will cancel your appointment and suspend my practice for a minimum of 14 days.
- If you develop Covid symptoms up to 14 days after your visit it is important that you inform me. Likewise I will notify you if I develop symptoms up to 14 days after your visit.
- Please shower before you come. Facilities are available but the official advice is to shower at home. If you wish to shower here please let me know when you make your booking.
- I will check your temperature with a contactless thermometer upon arrival. If it is above normal I will not be able to massage you. I will have checked mine prior to your arrival.
- I will ask you to wash your hands with hand sanitiser when you arrive.
- Please wear a face mask (new or freshly washed) at all times from arrival to departure. I have good quality disposable masks if you don't have one. Please ensure they are correctly worn.
- If you are deemed clinically vulnerable or clinically extremely vulnerable I will not be able to see you at this time.
- Your contact details will be kept for 21 days after your appointment should they be requested by NHS Track and Trace. This is optional so if you don't wish your contact details to be shared with NHS Track and Trace please let me know.
- Preferred payment option at this time is by bank transfer but I am also accepting cash.
- Please bring your own water to drink for after the session.
I have naturally had to make some changes to the way I work to minimise the risk of any potential spread of the virus. These are:
- Limiting sessions to 60 or 90 minutes.
- I will be avoiding the 'high risk zone' which is the face.
- I will be wearing a face mask AND a face visor.
- Initial consultations may be carried out via email, phone, video or text prior to your appointment.
- I will keep conversations to a minimum during sessions and may encourage pre or post massage discussion via phone, text, Skype etc.
- I will abide by enhanced cleaning and hygiene measures to help mitigate the spread of Covid-19.
These are unprecedented times we are having to navigate and it is affecting us all in some way. I hear from many people who are in need of touch and connection after this long period of isolation and confinement. Massage, now more than ever, can play an important role in keeping us physically, mentally and emotionally healthy. I am confident we can adhere to the above guidance to help ensure visits are as safe as possible given what we are dealing with. We are adaptable creatures, and I will certainly do all I can to make your massage experience safe, relaxing, healing, and pleasurable.
I very much look forward to working with you. Keep well,